What should I put in an Easter Basket for a tween? We’ve got some ideas for you!
Many of us have looked forward to putting together Easter baskets for our kids each year and even if the Easter Bunny isn’t part of the pictures, we want to continue this fun tradition. One of the exciting things about Easter Baskets for 10 to 12 year olds is you can support their interests, ideas and creativity with gifts they can use.
Whether your older kid is into art, science, or adventures, we’ve got ideas for their basket treats.
Let’s start with a unique basket:
- Decorative bins – A cute bin like this can be used later to store things in their room.
- Hats – Whether they need a new sun hat or they have a favorite team, you can use a new hat as an Easter basket.
- Supply caddies – super useful for tweens who like to sew, do crafts or gardening. These will probably spark your imagination about what to fill them with as well.
- Tackle box – We have one of these tackle boxes for my almost 11 year old who likes to paint; he likes the fact that you can see through to easily spot your supplies. A tackle box or tool box could be a great Easter basket for a kids who like fishing, wood working or working on cars.
Easter Basket Filler Ideas for Tweens:
For older kids who like to bake you can get real tools they can use, ingredients for a favorite recipe, or a cookbook to learn something new.
- Baking utensil set – bright colors make these baking tools fun for an Easter gift.
- Silicone baking molds – Tweens can use non-stick silicone molds like these to bake pretty shapes. They’re also probably making their own lunches, and these baking molds can work well in a lunch container for dividing food.
- Cookie cutters – This colorful set of cookies cutters will have your kid set for baking cookies. We love gifts like this for kids entering their teen years, because they’re practical, they get you kids working on life skills like cooking and your teen can take with them when they leave home.
These Easter goodies are great for encouraging artistic tweens. You might give them a new supply they haven’t tried before to add to their art collection.
- Sketch pencils
- Watercolor brush pens
- Acrylic paint set or Brush and pallet
- Origami paper
- Bright Rolls of Duct Tape for Crafts like making wallets or for marking their notebooks or tools.
- Washi tape – for journaling or scrapbooking
Adolescents is a great time for learning new skills and sewing is a super satisfying life skill to have. There are some great books on the market now too for kids just beginning to learn. Sewing School 2 focuses on machine sewing for kids.
- A bundle of beautiful fabrics – your local sewing shop will likely carry bundles of matching fabrics that your tween can add to their stash.
- Decorative scissors
- Singer sewing kit
We have a selection of family games here that we love for the whole family. One of the fun thing about older kids in your life is they can play much more complex games. Here are some game choices specifically for older kids from my friend’s 12 year old and 14 year olds. We asked them what they’d put on their wish list.
- One Night Ultimate Werewolf
- One of these math/thinking games from our list of favorites
- Amazon coins (with a hand made card) so they can add things to their favorite apps.
If your child love to get out in the dirt, you might fill a supply caddy with gardening tools, seeds or even plants.
- Strawberry Plants
- Gardening Gloves – It’s always nice to have a pair of work gloves. Your Teen may really get a kick out of this pair that has ABS plastic claws so you can dig right in without even using hand tools.
We love to put a book in an Easter Basket. The following allow your tween or teen learn more about their world. You could also choose from their favorite Manga, or Graphic novels or put in a blank journal or drawing book.
- The Pocket Scavenger – this is such a fun one for encouraging creativity and flexible thinking.
- Trail or nature guides for your area
- Pocket Genius Guides – Is your child into collecting rock? Learning about space, the human body, plants or animals? DK has a Pocket Genius Guide for nearly any interest.
- The Pocket Dangerous Book for Boys or The Pocket Daring Book for Girls
Looking for ideas for your younger kids now? You can find more Easter Basket Filler Ideas on our list here: