Can you help?! Some questions that are better answered by the collective wisdom of the Creative With Kids community rather than just me. Share what you know in the comments!
Struggling with how to get chores done with a toddler
Hi, What I’m struggle with some days (busy days) is prioritizing taking time to play/teach interactively with my toddler. I have only one, I juggle two part-time jobs, partly at home, combined with the daily chores of running a home, I feel guilty sometimes that my daughter does get enough focused, enriching me-time.I would love to hear some ways to incorporate getting work done with a toddler, but also focusing on and enriching her life/learning at the same time.
Tips for getting Work Done with a Toddler Around From Alissa:
As a working mom I really struggle to juggle it all.
- I practice including my kids in household tasks as much as possible, asking for help from outside sources and reminding myself that by working I am providing for my family and that I should feel good about that.
- I think that the main thing I would say though, is to remember how much toddlers love simple activities for connection.
- Never discount how enriching it is for your toddler to do chores with you and to be included in things like grocery shopping, putting clothes in the laundry basket, whatever. They don’t see the everyday experiences the way we do – it’s all new to them and it doesn’t have to look “educational” to be enriching.
They really want to be noticed by YOU and to be helpful or “big” in any way possible.
- Tips for Toddler Play When You have Something Else To Do
- 5 Quiet Toddler Activities – Independent Play Ideas
- 8 Toddler Highchair Activities – Keeping Your Seated Toddler Happy and Engaged
- 10 Fun Chores To Do With Toddlers