Why Creative with Kids?
Being creative with kids is a work in progress for me. I think about, and practice, creativity every day, but it’s practice, not perfection, and while I hope you learn something here from me, I’d like you to know how grateful I am for all I learn from you, through your comments, blogs and other ways we connect.
I have a few core beliefs about creativity:
- Creativity helps us better connect with our families.
- Everyone is creative. You are creative.
- You can be creative with kids.
- Our children need creativity in their lives in order to become happy and fulfilled adults. They need to see adults exploring their own creativity.
- It is not too late to discover your creativity.
- Creativity is not separate from life.
- Creative practice builds courage, breaks down internal walls and helps you come home to yourself.
- Play helps us reach our creative potential. We learn best through play.
I am inspired by the people I meet online and in my day to day life, who allow themselves to unfold through creative play and share their work with those around them. I can’t wait to see where we go together.
Thank you for joining me! Please subscribe and join our creative exploration!
And while you’re thinking of it, do you have some core beliefs about creativity? Why is creativity important to you? Let me know in the comments.