Every parent of toddlers know how much our little ones love to move, jump, run, and bounce. These physical activities provide great sensory input for children while also developing their muscles, strength, and tone. Finding toys that can engage your toddler’s love of bouncing is wonderful for parents during the busy toddler years where kids want constant entertainment and exploration.
In this article, we’re checking out the best bouncing toys for toddlers. Read this list while keeping in mind what you think would be best for your active kid. After all, the “best” bouncing toy is really just the one that is best for your child. Check out our favorite bouncing toys for one year olds!
Toddler Trampoline– Trampolines can be quite large and scary for a one year old but mini toddler trampolines are perfect for the beginning walker. The Little Tikes Trampoline is made for indoor use and is designed with an easy grip handlebar to help your toddler keep their balance while they burn off energy.
Just be sure to keep an eye on them while they play on this mini trampoline! As with any toy, we want to remember safety above all.
- Specifically designed for toddlers
- Soft easy grip handlebar
- Padded trampoline for confident safety
- Big kids beware! This trampoline is seriously designed for toddlers only. Bigger kids will run the risk of their weight tipping the trampoline over or busting through the bouncing trampoline mat
- Handle is removable but the trampoline itself is not foldable so the pieces have to be stored separately
After your one-year old gains balance skills and strong legs from bouncing they’ll be ready in just a few short years for an upgrade to their indoor toddler trampoline. When they’re ready, make sure to check out the enclosed toddler trampolines.
Rody Pony – Toddlers love ride on toys and animals and with the Rody Horse by Gymnic, your toddler as the chance to roleplay being a cowboy or rodeo rider while also getting all the bouncing stimulation their little legs can handle. The Rody Horse is easy to use and promotes balance and coordination while building up core and leg strength for your toddler. The ears on the horse are used as handles so your child can hold on tight while bouncing up and down.
- Made of latex-free vinyl
- Easy to hold ears
- Provides sensory stimulation through bouncing and balancing
- Promotes lymph circulation
- Helps build muscle and tone
- Comes in many different colors and patterns
- Includes air pump for re-inflating
- The Rody Horse is made for kids who are 3+ according to the label but don’t let this scare you from helping your one year old to play with the Rody Horse under supervision. This warning is due to the air stopper being a potential choking hazard.
Rody Horse is a tried and true bouncy toy for one year olds that moms everywhere love. The inflatable bouncy horse can even be used outside! Your one year old will love growing through their toddler years with the durable, Rody Horse bouncer.
Door Jumper – There is no better or safer way of teaching your one year old how to jump and bounce than a classic door jumper. The Bright Start Door Jumper is made for little ones between the ages of 4 months old and 24 months old, so it’s completely appropriate for your one year old who may not be walking like a pro yet. A baby jumper encourages children to find their center of gravity and develop better balance while also strengthening their legs and core through jumping.
- Adjustable straps, security strap, and pillow support that grows with baby into the toddler years
- Safe way for kids to jump around without the worry of falling down
- Door clamp included to keep the jumper in place for safety
- Easy assembly with no tools required
- Padded seat ring to keep baby comfortable
- Excellent space saving jumper
- Can hold up to 26.5 pounds
- Door jumpers only hold up to 26 pounds on average so your child won’t get much use out of the jumper after 24 months old or possibly sooner. It’s a good thing these door jumpers are affordable!
Little Tikes Jr. Jump and Slide Bounce House – Big inflatable bouncy houses are a birthday party or school carnival hit every time, but they can be too overwhelming and dangerous for one year olds. The Little Tikes Jr. Jump and Slide bouncer miniaturized the bounce house and makes it the perfect size for your toddler for safety. There are mesh sides that protects your child against falling off and stakes that anchor the bouncer in place so you don’t have to worry about strong winds. The material is puncture resistant which is perfect for curious and overactive toddlers who may be rough on jumping and bouncing toys.
- Perfect toddler size at 10’ x 7’ x 5’
- Mesh sides for extra protection
- Stakes for anchoring
- Durable, puncture resistant material
- Designed for outdoor use
- Attached inflatable slide for extra fun activity
- 7’ x 7’ jumping area
- Can play two toddlers at a time
- Includes 1 heavy duty blower, carrying bag, 2 blower stakes, 4 bouncer stakes, 4 repair patches, and plug for the blower
- Maximum weight 160 pounds
- The packaging recommends this product for children between two and eight years old; however, this product is perfectly safe for your one-year-old with supervision.
- Requires continuous inflation so you can’t fill it up and plug it
- Designed for outdoor use only (although many parents have set up this bouncer inside their homes as well)
The LIttle Tikes Jr. Jump n Slide is the perfect beginner bouncy house for one year olds and toddlers. This product is designed for children up to eight years old, and while your eight-year-old will probably seem a little too big for the bouncer, it’s the perfect size for your growing toddler.
Rockin’ Rider Grow-With-Me-Pony- One of our favorite bouncy toys for a one-year-old is the Rockin’ Rider Grow-With-Me-Pony. This bouncing toy starts out as a bouncer but can turn into a rocker, and then a super bouncy spring horse as your toddler grows and masters the different levels of play. The grow-with-me pony also plays a special song, has six different phrases it says when pressing the ears, and makes all sorts of fun sound effects! The mouth of the horse even moves with the words of the song.
- Grows with your toddler for three stages of fun
- Plays music, talks, and is motorized for imaginative fun
- Converts from bouncer to rocker to spring horse in minutes with no tools required!
- Soft, plush fabric material
- Detailing in the saddle and embroidered eyes
- Safety seat for toddlers who need to work on balance and coordination, or not sitting up unassisted that can be removed as your little one grows
- Sturdy plastic base that is durable
- Adjustable saddle height
- 2 position stirrups
- 3 AA batteries required for use (although they are included)
- Plastic base easily slides on wood floors, tile, and carpet. Consider purchasing a slip resistant foam mat to put under the Rockin’ RIder for better stability and safety
- Some customers have reported that the included, pre drilled screws are too small and they’ve had to purchase larger ones
If you’re a parent looking to get the best bang for their buck, this bouncing toy for a one-year-old should be your number one pick! The Rockin’ Rider is super durable, and grows with your toddler from the time they can sit up until they are about four years old.
Hopper Ball: A hopper ball is a great way for young kids to bounce around and stay active. Once they learn how to use the ball, they’ll have a blast hopping around. This ball is easy to-use. It’s the perfect size for toddlers, and has an easy grip handle. It promotes balance and coordination, and is great exercise for little kids!
- Great exercise and a lot of fun
- Easy to inflate and comes with a pump
- Fun designs and colors for kids
- Helps to improve balance and coordination
- Might be a bit large for younger toddlers
- Requires supervision. There is always the potential that they will fall off the ball
A bouncy ball is a great, active toy. It is definitely one of the more “advanced” toys on our list. Your kids will have a great time honing their skills, improving their balance, and growing their strength. This is a great toy for the active toddler.
Buyer’s Guide For Bouncing Toys
Before we wrap up, we’re going to run through a buyer’s guide for bouncing toys. With all the options on our list, you might find yourself a bit overwhelmed! It’s understandable, and you really just want to make the best choice for your own toddler. Consider these factors in making your choice, and you will surely make the best choice for your own child’s preferences:
Safety is a big concern in any product you buy for a toddler. This is especially true when the activity is physical and challenging – like bouncing can be to young kids. Many of the products on our list have safety precautions, but sometimes there are natural hazards in simply letting a toddler be active. Every toddler experiences their fair share of bumps and bruises. As a parent, you want to avoid giving them anything that is too unsafe, and also be sure to monitor them during risky activities. However, you also need to give them room to experiment and grow their physical skills and confidence. Many of these bouncing toys are perfect for letting toddlers experiment in a safe manner.
Fun factor is a primary concern for any bouncing toy that you consider. It’s a simple fact that not all toys are created equal! Survey the options and consider which would be the most fun for your child. Different toddlers are at different stages of development and have different physical capabilities. Consider this when deciding which bouncing toy is most appropriate for them. Toddlers will have more fun with a toy that they understand and are able to use properly.
Of course, price is a primary concern in any purchase you make! It’s best to think of price vs. quality. It’s okay to splurge on something if you know that it’s well constructed and you know that your child will get a lot of use out of it. After all, sometimes it’s worth it to spend the extra money to know that the product is well-designed and will keep your toddler safe.
Your Kid(s) Preferences
Finally, you want to consider your own child’s preferences! You know them better than anyone, and keep this in mind when you buy a new bouncing toy. Pay attention to how they like to play, and buy a toy that encourages this creativity. If they’re old enough to talk and make decisions, try to let them pick out their own favourite toys!
Bouncing toys are a great way to engage your toddler with physical activities that will help them learn, grow, and hopefully burn off a lot of the intense energy little ones are known for. Your toddler is sure to love any of our recommendations.