As a parent you want to do everything you can to protect your baby from harm and make sure they develop and thrive. Your baby’s ears are one of the most sensitive parts of their little body, and any sounds over 91 decibels can cause hearing loss. A stadium full of loud cheering football fans can reach up to 118 decibels and cause damage to your infant’s eardrums. One way you can ensure you protect your child’s sensitive ears is to use noise-canceling headphones for babies. Check out some of the best choices for noise-canceling headphones.
Baby Banz Earmuffs- If you’re looking for noise protection headphones that are trusted by thousands of parents, the Baby Banz Earmuffs are a great choice. The earmuffs come in nearly two dozen color options, and they are perfect for newborns to toddlers and even big kids. The noise reduction rating makes them one of the best noise-canceling headphones on the market. These earmuffs are also super soft and have a low profile for ultimate comfort.
- Noise reduction rating of 31dB
- 22 color options
- Super soft padding
- Low profile design
- More than 3,000 great reviews on Amazon
- BPA and lead-free
- The earmuff paddings are a foam material, and some users report it falling apart
These earmuffs are affordable and come in so many different colors and sizes, that you’ll never find the need for another pair of noise-canceling headphones for a baby.
Peltor Sport Earmuffs- Pelter Earmuffs are adjustable, which allows these noise-canceling headphones to grow with your baby into their toddler years and beyond. The noise reduction rating for these earmuffs is 22dB and are ideal for the gun range, hunting, sports, and other loud environments. Pelter earmuffs are made of plastic and are lightweight at only 6.4 ounces.
- Noise reduction rating of 33dB
- Size small is sized for youth or smaller adults
- Easily adjustable
- Made in the USA
- Easy to clean
- Foam padding for comfort
- Only comes in black or pink
- USA made but with globally sourced materials
- Foam padding can fall part or wear down
The Peltor Sports Earmuffs in size small are amazing noise-canceling headphones for toddlers that are adjustable and comfortable. They are also super affordable at less than $20 each, but the size small is fitted for youth or adults. They may not fit your infant but could be the perfect noise canceling earmuffs for a toddler or older child.
Snug Kids Earmuffs- The Snug Earmuffs is another brand of noise-canceling headphones that have been tested by parents all over the world. These headphones have over 3,500 ratings on Amazon and come in 19 different colors and patterns. If your kids are on the autism spectrum, they will love these headphones that have a low profile and fit comfortably while blocking out most significant noises.
- Trusted by more than 3,000 parents
- Noise Reduction Rating of 25dB
- Adjustable to fit up to a small adult
- Come in 19 colors and patterns
- 5-year guarantee from the manufacturer
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Padded ear cushions
- Foldable for easy storage and travel
- Fit children as young as six months old
- Extra plush headband for comfort
- Some users do not find the 25dB rating to be enough to cancel out all noise. Instead the headphones only muffle
Parents absolutely love the Snug Kids Earmuffs because they are inexpensive, comfortable, and adjustable. However, if you are looking for noise-canceling headphones that get rid of noise completely, these may not be the best option.
Vanderfields Earmuffs for Kids- Vanderfields’ Earmuffs for Kids are great for any noisy situation including tools, airports, sporting events, and parties. These earmuffs are stylish and come in fun, bright jewel tones while offering the perfect fit for your children. You can easily fold up the earmuffs for travel and storage. Vanderfields has a Noise Reduction Rating of 25dB and is adjustable to grow with your baby. They are specially designed to fit a child’s head with extra padding in the earpieces.
- Noise Reduction Rating of 25dB
- Tested and certified by the American National Standards Institute
- Two layers of proprietary noise-dampening foam
- Designed to fit your child’s head
- 100% guaranteed by Vanderfields
- Comes in more than ten fun jewel tone colors
- Vanderfields recommends these headphones for children over three years old
The Vanderfields Earmuffs for Kids are an excellent choice for inexpensive headphones when you are out and about and need to muffle the sounds for your child. The manufacturer offers a 100% money-back guarantee and recommends these noise canceling headphones for children over three years old, but many parents report using them on their younger children and having no issue with the adjustable fit.
HearTek Kids Earmuffs- When you’re looking for trusted and affordable noise-canceling earmuffs Heartek is a great brand you can count on to protect your little one’s sensitive ears. These headphones feature two-pointed mounted cups so that pressure is distributed evenly making them comfortable and easy to wear. The ear cups are also padded with enhanced noise-canceling design that gives the HearTek Kids Earmuffs a great Noise Reduction Rating of 27dB. They are also adjustable with a padded headband that also adds to your child’s comfort.
- 27dB noise reduction rating
- Ideal for sports, concerts, fireworks, and other noisy environments
- A padded headband and ear cups
- Water-resistant vinyl material
- Easy to clean
- Self-adjusting ear cups and headband
- Foldable and includes travel drawstring bag for ease of storage
- Satisfaction guarantee consists of a 5-year warranty
- Made in The USA by a family-owned business
- Comes in 10 different colors
- The ear cups pop on and off
The HearTek Kids Earmuffs are an excellent choice for parents who are always on the go and attend a lot of sporting events or festivals. These earmuffs are constructed to be in three separate pieces, and the ear cups are designed to pop on and off of the headband. Some parents may find that the ear cups don’t attach or snap-on as snugly after they have been taken apart numerous times. At less than $15 for a set of these noise-canceling headphones, you still can’t beat the price for a noise reduction rating of 27dB and the superior comfort of the ear cups and headband. The vinyl material is also super easy to clean and is more durable than the foam padding that is typically found on noise-canceling headphones for babies and kids.
You know that protecting your baby’s ears and hearing is super important. Choosing any of these noise-canceling headphones for babies will help to dampen the noise and muffle harsh sounds that could damage your child’s hearing. You don’t have to keep your baby home while everyone else enjoys the fireworks or the baseball game. Bring everyone along to enjoy family time. Just don’t forget the noise-canceling headphones!