One is a colossal milestone age to reach for parents and toddlers. You’ll be celebrating first birthdays, teeth, parties, words, steps, table foods, and more if you haven’t already. If your toddler is standing up and ready to get on the move, you can help them along by letting them play with push toys. There are tons of different push toys for one-year-old toddlers, but there are a few we love above the rest.
Vtech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker- Vtech is known for their incredible learning toys for toddlers, and the sit-to-stand learning walker is one of the best toys they offer. The interactive walker has a removable play panel with piano keys, knobs to twist and turn, spinning rollers, shape sorters, and light-up buttons that help your toddler develop their motor skills. The wheels work great over carpet, and the walker plays more than 70 songs, music, and sound effects so that your one-year old will be entertained wherever they are.
- Designed for babies nine months to three years old
- Lots of interactive pieces on the play panel
- Removable play panel
- Rolls easily over carpet
- Durable plastic
- Pretend telephone
- More than 70 songs and sounds
- 2 AA batteries are included
- Requires batteries
- Phone is not attached, can be lost
- Sounds and music can all go off at once if your one-year old hits multiple buttons one after the other
Toddlers love the Vtech walker because of the lights and sounds it makes while playing with the activity board. The walker is 18 inches tall and perfect for helping your one-year-old learn to balance and walk.
Bubbart Bubble Lawn Mower- Every toddler wants to mow the grass like mom and dad and the Bubbart Bubble Lawn Mower is the best way to engage your child in outdoors chores that are safe and fun. The bubble mower encourages role-playing, imagination, and creativity while delighting your toddler through cause and effect play. The bubbles are produced by keeping the mower in motion and blows thousands of bubbles in just minutes. This push toy for one-year-old’s is also designed especially for tiny hands with a grip on the handle they can hold onto with both hands while pushing and staying upright.
- Produces thousands of bubbles in minutes
- Designed for child’s hands
- Wide handle grip for two hands
- Comes with three bubble refills
- Plays music in motion
- Encourages imaginative play
- Requires 3 AAA batteries that are not included
- Lightweight could tip over with your toddler if they trip and fall
Bubble mowers are a fun outdoor toy that helps with imagination, gross motor skills, and balance. Every one-year-old loves bubbles and wants to be outside, playing, and mimicking mom and dad. We recommend the bubble mower for every home with a toddler.
Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop n Cook Walker- Toddlers love to roleplay and push toy grocery carts are a great way to engage their imagination and creativity. The Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop n Cook Walker offers four different play modes that grow with your one-year-old. They can sit and play with the removable cooktop, stand and play with the cart as an activity table, push and walk behind the entire walker; or they remove the top and fill up the cart with groceries. The popcorn on the cooktop really pops when your toddler pushes the cart or presses the buttons and shape sorter adds even more fun.
- Four different modes of play
- Perfect for ages six months to 3 years
- Several interactive pieces on the cooktop activity table
- Encourages role play and imagination
- Includes shapes for a shape sorter
- Cannot be immersed in water
We love everything about the Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop n Cook Walker that grows with baby. The only negative to this push toy for a one-year-old is that if it gets too wet the paint and stickers can peel off. The cart is super easy to clean with baby wipes or mild soap and a damp cloth.
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Learn with Puppy Walker- Fisher-Price is a well-loved toy brand that makes trusted products for toddlers. The Puppy walker is a great push toy that grows with your baby through multiple stages. Your one-year-old can sit & play, or stand & walk, using the Fisher-Price push toy. There are seven hands-on activities and more than 75 sounds, sounds, and phrases that the Puppy Walker plays including the ABC’s, shapes, colors, and counting.
- Two modes of play to grow with your one-year-old
- Fun music and encouraging phrases to build confidence
- Adorable puppy design
- Wide handle that your toddler can hold with two hands
- Perfect for toddlers six months to three years old
- Requires 2 AA batteries (not included)
This Fisher-Price push toy for one-year old’s is a great tool for learning how to walk and balance while also learning numbers, colors, shapes, and songs. The activity board is very interactive and encourages imaginative play so that your toddler can be entertained for a good chunk of time.
LeapFrog Scoop & Learn Ice Cream Cart- The Scoop & Learn Ice Cream Cart by LeapFrog is just about the most adorable push toy for a one-year-old that we have ever played with! Toddlers love ice cream, play kitchens, and role-playing and this push toy combine all of those things! Your one-year old’s imagination and creativity will be engaged through this delightful ice cream cart that also counts to 10 and comes with play toppings and ice cream.
- Helps build memory and sequencing skills
- Accessories for ice cream and toppings included
- Playful phrases that introduce colors, flavors, and numbers
- Activity cards that help parents and toddlers interact while playing
- Pushcart will play songs and music in motion
- Wide handle that allows for a comfortable double grip
- Helps with balance and gross motor skills
- Requires 3 AAA batteries (not included)
The LeapFrog Scoop & Learn Ice Cream Cart is a super cute push toy for toddlers who love to play pretend and role play. This push toy makes an excellent addition for any play kitchen for toddlers or other indoor or outdoor learning toys.
Push toys are incredibly fun for toddlers who are learning to walk and push toys for one-year old’s that can grow with your toddler are even better! Remember, push toys should be played with under supervision, especially when your one-year-old is just learning to walk and may still be unsteady on their feet and learning to balance. You and your toddler will find numerous ways to have fun and bond when you play with one of our favorite push toys for one-year old’s.