If you want to ensure your toddler is protected from the sun during the hot summer months, don’t rely on just sunblock. Toddler sun hats keep the powerful UV rays from burning your toddler’s delicate scalp and helps keep their face and neck, but getting your child to keep a sun hat on their head is an issue in itself! Check out our picks for the best toddler sun hats, that stay on!
Siero Baby Sun Hat with Wide Brim- This sun hat is super cute, comes in seven different bright, fun colors, and has some of the best sun protection features. The wide brim is feminine and adorable with a pretty bow that is just off-center. The fabric of the hat is made from UPF 50+ sun protective material that can block up to 98% of the UV Rays!
- Made out of sun protectant material
- A wide brim that keeps the sunlight off your toddler
- Adjustable with an outer hat drawstring for a customized fit
- Chinstrap for a secure fit
- Lightweight and foldable
- Hat adjusts from size small to large to grow with your toddler
- Breathable material to keep your child cool
- Not machine washable
Your toddler will look absolutely adorable in the Siero Baby Sun Hat. You can block the sun without limiting your baby’s sight, and the hat will last a few summer seasons since it is adjustable in both the hat and the chin strap. The only thing we don’t love about this hat is it’s not machine-washable, but the fantastic sun protection benefits and great, quality design, definitely make up for it!
Ami & Li Summer Hat- Ami & Li Summer Hat is one of the best gender-neutral summer hats available. The hat comes in seven different patterns and comes in three different sizes, 0-9 months, nine months- 4 years, and 3-12 years. The cotton hat is woven to be sun protective without using chemical coating. The hat also has an adjustable chin strap and safety buckle to ensure it stays on your head.
- Woven cotton fabric for sun protection
- Super lightweight and ultra-thin to keep your toddler cool
- Adjustable chin strap and safety buckle
- Wider brim than traditional sun hats
- Machine washable
- Contact Ami & Li for a custom-fitted hat for your toddler
- The wide brim is soft and can flap a bit when the weather is windy
- 100% cotton so can shrink if washed in hot water
This hat is perfect for your toddler to wear when they are running around on the playground or playing in the backyard. We wish the brim were a little bit stiffer, but the gender-neutral, fashionable designs, comfortable, lightweight feel, and adjustable chin strap and safety buckle make this sun hat for toddlers the perfect choice for your little ones.
Jan & Jul Adjustable Toddler Sun Hat- The Jan & Jul toddler sun hat features the gro-with-me smart design with a fully adjustable drawstring that allows you to size up and down when you need to keep the hat a little snugger on windy days, or as your child grows. The toddler sun hat is made from breathable cotton that is 50 UPF to protect your toddler from harmful UV rays.
- Adjustable drawstring that allows the hat to grow with your toddler
- Comes in six gender-neutral designs
- Adjustable chin strap with toggle adjustment
- Breakaway safety clip
- Lightweight and foldable
- Stiff front brim to stay up
- Brim is only 2-2.8 inches depending on size
- Not water repellant
The Jan & Jul adjustable toddler hat is great for playing at the park or wearing at recess during pre-k, but the shorter brim and fabric isn’t water repellant, so the hat isn’t great for beaches. This is also a fabulous company to buy from that is based in Canada and provides sustainable income to women.
Vaenait Baby Swim Sun Hat- This unisex swim cap is the perfect summer beach hat for toddlers because it features a baseball-cap style rim that stays up and doesn’t fall in your toddler’s face and a visor and neck flap that protects your child’s neck and ears from the summer sun. They are also certified UPF 50 sun-protective and machine washable. The snug elastic band also makes it the perfect toddler sun hat that stays on because it is fitted especially for water play. There’s also an adjustable chin cord to help secure the hat to your baby’s head.
- Water repellant and perfect for swimming
- Baseball brim makes it easy for your toddler to see
- Specially designed flap in the back that comes down over toddler’s ears and neck for extra sun protection
- Adjustable cord chin strap
- Comes in more than 25 different patterns
- Elastic band for a snug fit
- Made out of a stretchy spandex
The Vaenait Baby Swim Sun Hat may not be the most fashionable sun hat for toddlers, but this sun hat is the perfect cap for a day at the beach when you’re looking for sun protection and water resistance. The thin spandex fabric is also great for keeping your toddler cool under the hot sun.
Babylab Breathable Bucket Sun Hat- The breathable sun hat by Babylab is probably the best value for a toddler hat that stays on nice and secure. The hat is made denim material that is both soft and stiff with breathable lining. This hat won’t shrink or fade and is even machine washable! The chin strap is adjustable to help keep the hat secure on your child’s head, and the bucket brim is 2.2” to protect face and eyes from the summer sunshine.
- Drawstring closure
- Soft fabric that is breathable, lightweight, and soft
- Chinstrap that is adjustable
- UPF 50+
- 2” bucket brim
- Mesh fabric lining
- Three sizes 0-12 months, 12-24 months, 2-4 years
- Buckle the hat on the sides to wear cowboy hat style
- Only four styles
The Babylab hat is one of our favorite because it is versatile, waterproof, breathable, and has a snug fit. Not only are these benefits perfect for any toddler, but the toddler sun hat is affordable, making it one of the best values on the market.
Your toddler needs the best protection while also looking adorable when they are out in the sun. Any of the sun hats on our list of recommendations provides great sun protection while also being durable and well made.