We want to be awesome moms and dads.
We want to yell less and connect more.
We read, learn and talk about all kinds of things to be great parents, always hoping the next thing will be THE ONE that makes all the difference. But here’s the deal.
There is no one thing. Yes, there are lots of strategies for helping the day go smoothly with kids, but what works for me won’t necessarily work for you and your family.
What you need isn’t a perfect solution. It’s something else.
1. You need a growth mindset in parenting.
This is what Bounceback Parenting is all about. This means knowing it’s completely ok (and natural!) to need to learn new parenting skills, or update what worked in the past. It’s knowing that mistakes as a not only a normal part of human growth, but essential to that growth. And it’s about living with a lot more fun and a lot less ‘shoulds’ and shame.
2. You need connection with your kids.
No matter what’s going on, what your child needs most from you is connection. This is a combination of presence and acceptance. All of your influence stems from your connection with your child. If you want to be a guide and teacher to your kids – you need connection.
Connection not perfection
The good news is that you DON’T have to be perfect about this (hello, growth mindset, yay!) You always have the opportunity to improve your relationship with your kids starting from now. Yes, even when you don’t feel like connecting with them, or you feel like you’ve ruined everything. With Bounceback Parenting habits you can take on a growth mindset and decide on daily actions that bring more closeness and health to your relationships with your kids.
Do you want more confidence and calm?
What if you could get a short daily reminder of “connection, not perfection”? Better yet, to make it easy in your busy life, how about a text sent right to your phone?
Introducing Bounceback Texts:
Bounceback Texts give you daily inspiration and motivation. They help you yell less and connect more and shake off those aggravating ‘shoulds’ that society thrusts on us so that you can confidently make choices that work best for you and your family. You’ll receive texts on Connection, Self Care, Positive Communication, Resilience and Handling Big Emotions.
Unlike a class where you might get overwhelmed trying to keep up with the work, Bounceback Texts give you a bite-sized actionable tip each day.
- Daily texts keep it simple and give you a “mantra” or guidance for your day. You’ll get one thing to say, try, or do to mitigate anger, stay calm, and interact in positive ways with your kid.
- Get a daily reminder of the kind of parent you want to be and the motivation to keep improving.
- Keep strategies top of mind for positive communication.
- Gain confidence while you weave connection and love into every day.
How does it work?
- Text sending is available for the United States, Canada, (Hoping to add more countries soon)
- Texts are sent daily, (They’re short! Only 160 characters!)
- You choose the time: first thing in the morning (between 7-8am your time) or midday (between Noon-1pm your time).
Texts also include a link to an image you can download, and more information or a printable on some topics. Click on the link in the text to be taken to the more-info page. Here’s an example of a phone screen with an image from Bounceback Texts in the background:
It's like having a mantra of the day to guide my actions without having to come up with one myself when I'm exhausted.
They are short. I can choose the time (genius!). And they are a good reminder to connect.
Try it free!
Try it free for 14 days! After that it’s $4.99/month – cancel anytime in just a couple clicks.
- We’re using the SMS (text message) format because it’s all you need, not too much.
- Habit Building: A study in 2015 discovered that participants who received regular texts about simple yet important habits were able to improve their health. As parents, many of the habits we want to build are pretty far removed from their rewards or consequences (like pausing before reacting to an angry child). Texts help you stay committed, motivated and inspired about positive improvements in your parenting each day.
- Reduce Email Overwhelm! Many of us get flooded with emails. It becomes too much distraction – one moment you’re reading an email, the next thing you know an hour’s gone by and you’re still on the computer. Text reminders are quick and allow you to get the support you need where you are during your busy day.
What are the texts about?
Texts are all based on helping you build a resilient, connected relationship. We rotate through seven topics. These topics cover the Bounceback Parenting philosophy of developing a growth mindset in parenting – connection not perfection! Topics:
- Growth Mindset
- Conversation Starters
- Emotional Health
- Pausing (to celebrate, to slow down, to become more intentional)
Some texts will give you a lot to think about, some are really light and simple. You don’t have worry about getting each one “done” instead think of this as a daily inspiration service and know that if one doesn’t work for you, tomorrow’s might. Over time it winds up being really nice to have a whole series of these text you can scroll through.
Will this be age appropriate for the ages and stages my kids are in?
Yes – the quotes/ideas/mantras are applicable to parenting as a whole, not limited to a certain age range. Some are conversation starters or things to say to your kids – those you might alter how you say them depending on if you have a 4 year old versus a 14 year old. The text will still give you an idea –
An Example: Remind your child how grateful you are to know them. “If I could pick any 4 year old (5 year old, 6 year old…) in the whole world, I’d pick you.”
You could look at the above text and it might cue you to tell your teen – “Hey, I just want to say I love you and I’m grateful you’re in my life.”
Where can you send to?
SMS sending is available for the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Spain, Australia, Germany and Mexico.
So I have to give my mobile number? Is it secure?
Yes – Bounceback Texts are sent via SMS, which means they can be sent to any mobile phone that receives text messages (you don’t have to have a smart phone.) Message and data rates may apply. We’re committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. The only use of your mobile number is to be able to send you Bounceback Texts, it is never ever shared.
I have been getting your texts. They are great and I love receiving them as I am making lunches and feeling stressed!! ;)
Try it free!
Recurring payment – cancel anytime in just a couple clicks.
The texts are wonderful reminders and great information. I look forward to them every day!