Planning for Creativity
As we look forward to the next few months and think about how we will make time for creativity in our lives, we need to ask ourselves, “Where am I right now?”
Time to do a little journaling-
Taking stock of where we are gives us the chance to choose projects and ideas that really fit into our lives.
Do some thinking and journaling about these questions and creativity in general over the next few days to give yourself a clearer picture of where you are and what you want to be doing.
First, a question to help you loosen up and get you writing:
- How can you have your LEAST creative year ever? Make an over-the-top list of all the ways you could horribly sabotage creativity in your family. It’s easier to look at the ways we can fail that to try to figure out the BEST things we can do. Now you can look at the ways to fail and do the opposite!
Now- a few more questions to consider about making time for creativity:
- What stages are my kids at? What does this mean for my time? (Nursing baby? Teenager who will need chauffeuring?)
- What external factors are affecting my time? (job, volunteer work, a spouses work…)
- What am I longing for?
- What do I need to let go of? (Are there projects that just don’t fit with your current stage of life?)
- What small changes would make the biggest impact on my time for