Pajamas and hot cocoa, Christmas lights and cookies – cozy, cozy, cozy.
During the holidays you long for relaxed, cozy days; but how can you embrace the wonder of Christmas in an unhurried way when the world around you seems to take on an even more vigorous pace?
You can still connect with your kids amongst the hustle and bustle of this season. The Keeping Christmas Cozy is the perfect remedy to chaotic holidays. Join us!
We loved Keeping Christmas Cozy last year, and I got a lot of compliments on our advent calendar containing family bonding activities rather than the usual sweets and toys. Beautiful memories made!
I did this last year and it helped me remember the fun stuff I really wanted to do with the kids and get less wrapped up in my own grown up worries. We'll be using it again this year, thank you!
We’re on a mission to Keep Christmas Cozy!
Join us for a simple and memorable holiday season.
When you join Keeping Christmas Cozy, you get support and guidance all during December for staying connected through the holidays.
- 44 Simple Christmas Activities that can start any day before Christmas as a holiday-activity-countdown (we figure 44 gives you plenty to choose from). The prompts in our activity list won’t leave you searching the house for materials or making extra shopping lists; our activities are easy to implement without a lot of preparation.
- An Editable Christmas Activity Planner – Comes pre-filled with simple activities; use the plan as is or change to suit your family.
- 4 weeks of simple guidance to help you meet your goal of an enjoyable family holiday this year.
- 36 Christmas Conversation Starters that can also be used in an Advent Calendar or perhaps to start an imaginative chat during dinner.
- 4 easy recipes for the crafts mentioned in the Christmas Activities page.
- 2 printable reminders about Keeping Christmas Cozy
During the month of December we’ll help you tune in to the magic of the moment with brief weekly emails. Our emails are quick to read, with straightforward guidance and inspiration- so you can get off the computer and start connecting.
When you sign up for Keeping Christmas Cozy you’ll get holiday activities that foster connection not perfection, imaginative Christmas conversation starters, and an email “advent” of your own, reminding you of your goal to Keep Christmas Cozy.
We know that the magic of Christmas isn’t in doing every activity or getting things just right, it’s about genuinely connecting and letting the little moments count. We want you to have a holiday season that keeps you connected to your kids.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What sort of activities are included?
The printable activities are meant to spark your ideas and are purposely very simple in nature. This was created specifically so you DON’T feel overwhelmed by the holidays, but you are still creating memories. We have come up with a list of 44 simple activities to choose from, and you can always add your own on the blank boxes provided.
Examples of the activities listed:
- Sing a Christmas song together.
- Drink Hot Cocoa and listen to Christmas music.
- Play a card game together.
- Put a blanket under the Christmas tree and look up at the lights.
- Read a Christmas story while you snuggle under a blanket.
- Bake a Christmas treat.
- Make pancakes in the shape of candy canes.
- Do a Christmas puzzle.
- Color a big piece of paper to make wrapping paper.
- Decorate Pinecones to make mini Christmas trees.
- Decorate the tree.
- Hang lights outside.
- Cut out paper snowflakes.
What ages is this appropriate for?
It will suit toddlers on up.
The gratitude prompts have been written with kids about ages 5-12 in mind; some are geared toward younger kids, some towards older.
The holiday ideas that you can cut out for an advent calendar are purposely very simple and flexible. They include things as simple as “Go look at Christmas Lights” and “Put peppermint oil in play dough for Christmas Sensory Play”. There are 44 ideas plus four “blanks” where you can write your own ideas.
Many of the conversation starters could be fun with a toddler. (What do you think Santa has for breakfast?) And many can work with older kids, (What Christmas surprise do you wish you could give to someone?)
The emails that come in December are directed towards you as the parent with reminders and inspiration about keeping your holidays cozy and memorable.
Does this have a religious focus?
Keeping Christmas Cozy is secular in nature. It includes references to Santa Claus in three of the 44 activities and 12 of the 36 conversation starters and in many of the jokes. Weekly “One Cozy” ideas and plans focus on connection and remembering how to keep the holidays cozy and enjoyable. They are suited to anyone wishing to focus on the joy of family and love during the Christmas holidays.
Do I have to print the packet?
The packet has been designed as a printable product, but you can choose to simply use the activity ideas and conversation starters as inspiration and read them from your computer or tablet.
When will the emails start?
Emails will begin as soon as you join and will be sent once each week through December 22nd. If you join us after December 1st, you will be able to access previous emails using the link at the bottom of the email. (Look for the link that says “read previous Cozy Emails”).
Join us in Keeping Christmas Cozy!
- Simple Holiday Activity ideas that you can print right away
- Cozy Conversation Starters & Printable Christmas Jokes
- Reminders just when you need them on how to stay focused on the joy of this season