Frequently Asked Questions about Relationship Reboot:
Who should join?
Relationship Reboot is for you if:
- You wish you could make things easier by being more connected, but feel overwhelmed and exhausted with the task right now. (I’ll break ideas into small chunks you can consider one at a time, and we run four challenges a year, so you don’t have to try and “get it” all at once, this also give you a chance to refresh and rejuvenate the connection in your family regularly).
- You long for a feeling of really ‘knowing’ your child. (We have journal pages and conversation starters through out the program to help you gain new perspective and see deeply into your child’s personality).
- It is for you if you try so hard to be positive, but find yourself slipping into resentment and snapping. (Hence the “reboot”. This may give you just the jolt you need to feel refreshed and excited again).
- It is for you is you have a child you love SOOOOOoooo dang much, and yet sometimes feel like you’re fighting each day. (I have one of those, and this is the work I’ve done which has added warmth back into our relationship, and given me the strength to keep learning with him when that’s what’s needed. This is how I know this stuff really works in transforming parent/child relationships).
- It is for you if you’re feeling pretty good about your parenting, but wish you knew how to weave in more of a feeling of connection during busy days. (We’ll focus on actionable ideas for your day-today life. This coaching gives you simple shifts in mindset and practical ideas that can be part of your daily routines, instead of adding more to your to-do list).
- And it is for you if you’re ready to make a commitment to connection. Sometimes I will challenge you to take a deeper look at your habits and your thinking. Yes, it’s pretty gentle, but you do have to be willing to make a change in your habits and your perspective on your kids. (I guide you step-by-step and our Facebook group will give you a place to meet other parents who are on this journey as well).
After the last workshop one of the comments was: It has already made a huge impact on how we connect – on how I can let my son know he is loved – something that has been sadly missing for WAY too long.
How much time will it take to do this? (I’m busy!)
- The coaching program is less of a time drain and more of a support to you for using your time in the ways that matter to you. During the seasonal challenges (4 weeks, 4 times per year) I send out a series of very DOABLE tasks – things like jotting down a thought, conversation starters to try with your kids or practices for better mornings. I also encourage a weekly check-in in your journal which can take 10-30 minutes a week.
- The most important thing about this is that I am here to support you in simply living your life in a more connected and present way. You will find that the lessons you are learning are all made to fit into a busy life with kids, not make your life more busy.
…I appreciate that…it’s DO-ABLE!! It’s not too l-o-n-g to read and doesn’t involve too much ‘home work’ or journaling. I’ve signed up for other things online (usually related to ME alone) and find them more consuming than my day can handle. Especially since my kids have extremely little screen time each day, if any. Just our way of life. Thanks! ~Amy
How is the material delivered?
- This is a multi-media program delivered through our course website, our private Facebook group (where I sometimes pop in for live videos) and through email to keep you up to date with any upgrades, downloadable goodies or mini focus sessions (such as the session coming up in September about writing a family purpose statement). You’ll find all of your course information in one easy spot on the course website. The program also includes downloadable journal pages and PDFs of lessons which you can download and print or read on a screen.This is an interactive program – I am available by email or in our Facebook group and I continue to create content and workshops based on your feedback and needs.
A year seems like a big commitment – do I have to do everything?
- The Relationship Reboot challenges are not high pressure challenges where you do them or fail. They are there to refresh you in your connection, as we all know parenting is a never ending job which is greatly helped by a generous dose of inspiration from time to time. This is the parenting group you’ve always wished you could join locally – where we aren’t about judgement or comparison, and we ARE about helping you become the best mom or dad you can be – more connected, more present and less guilty feeling.
- The mini focus projects (like Write a Family Purpose Statement and Making more Meaningful Connected Holidays) arise out of the needs expressed by the group and are available all year after they come out for you to browse and partake in at your leisure.
- And if at any time you get stuck, no problem. You’ll have access to our private discussion community (where you can interact with other parents), course specific videos to elaborate on the material and personalized support from Alissa.
This really is risk free because there’s a lenient 30-day refund policy. If for some reason you’re unhappy, send an email to support within 30 days, and we’ll issue a prompt and courteous refund (with no need to answer any questions).
I’ll give your the support you need to make connection and presence in your family habits. Once you solidify these habits they start to become second nature and these habits will strengthen your relationship the rest of your life.