10 Songs for a Kitchen Dance Party – Parenting Secret Mission
Case File: Connection
Your Parenting Secret Mission:
Hold an impromptu Kitchen Dance Party.
Of course, sock feet (for good sliding and spinning) and silly moves are encouraged!
In our house, one of my personal rules is: If a kid asks me to dance, the answer is always yes. So far, I have never regretted following this rule.
10 Great songs for an impromptu kitchen dance:
- Men Without Hats – Safety Dance
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy – Jumpin’ Jack
- Madagascar Soundtrack – I Like to Move It – my kids and I have made a Pandora station around this one, just to get the energy up when it’s time to clean up or cook dinner…or dance in the kitchen.
- SNAP! – Rhythm is a Dancer
- Ylvis – What Does The Fox Say?
- Alicia Keys – Girl on Fire
- The Beatles – Yellow submarine – Ok, I admit it’s not the top dance-y song by the Beatles, but you’ve got to sing along.
- The American Authors – Best Day of My Life
- Crazy Frog – Axel F
- Paul Simon – You Can Call Me Al
I know, there are hundreds more I could include! What song makes the top of your kitchen dance party list?
Kitchen Dance parties make the list of Must Do Activities for 4-6 Year Olds…though I think they’re must do for any age. Never stop dancing.
Parenting Secret Missions are quick ideas for connecting with your kids, trying out a new parenting idea, finding gratitude amidst chaos, sparking conversation and finally, inspiring fun! Don’t take them too seriously, read them with a spirit of adventure or experimenting and keep the mission in mind for the day if it strikes you.
64 Positive Things to Say to Kids
Subscribe to the Bounceback Field Notes to Download your FREE printable of 64 Positive Things to Say to Kids