Bouncy Horse- The Perfect Gift for Active Kids
Inflatable bouncy horses are a great gift for young children. As all parents know, kids have boundless amounts of energy. Bouncy horses enable them to get out that energy and they’re fun to use.
Not only are they entertaining for young ones, but they can also help your kids develop motor skills, coordination, and balance. Children’s legs also get a workout by bouncing on them. Coordination is being used to ride them, and balance is required to maintain an upright posture.
Things to Consider
Traditional or Inflatable?
Traditional inflatable horses are great. Most parents grew up with these round, inflatable balls with the horse heads on them. We grabbed onto the handle and bounced away. They were fun and lasted a really long time.
While they are still available, there are some concerns regarding posture. The inflatable horses, or any of the animals available, enable the child to sit upright at a 90° angle. Traditional inflatable horses for motion lean forward in order to move forward. The inflatable horses do not.
Size of the Horse Matters
Additionally, before purchasing an inflatable horse, consider the size of the horse and the child. They are not made equal in height. If it’s too large, the child will fall off. If it’s too small, the child will feel scrunched.
Bouncy horses can be available in material or dense plastic and rubber. Each has its pros and cons.
Plastic/rubber is great because it is durable and can be cleaned with a damp cloth. It is great for both indoor and outdoor use. However, sometimes the hole for the pump can protrude and scrape against the child. Some puncture easily.
Material is softer, warmer, and more inviting. Most of the inflatable holes are hidden by the zipper. However, the material has to be washed in the washing machine. If taken outdoors, the material may suffer wear and tear is placed on hard surfaces.
Top Recommendations for Bouncy Horses
(Ideal for Ages 2-7)
Bouncers are designed to be used for indoor/outdoor usage. Many are made with a plastic-like material, which causes the child to “stick” to the horse on hot days. The iPlay, iLearn Bouncy horse has a soft plush cloth which allows for zero fiction. This eliminates the pain associated with dismounting.
In addition to being soft, the material is notably durable. Parents will appreciate that it is easy to wash because kids will be kids.
The cover can be both machines washed and hand-washed.
The one thing parents dislike is inflating an animal. It seems to take forever, and by the time you are done, your arm hurts. This is not applicable to this bouncer.
This bouncy horse has a double-action hand pump. The horse will be inflated in five minutes.
- Encourages active play and imagination
- Develops large motor skills
- Increases muscle strength, especially in the legs and balance
- Great for physical activity
- It is very safe- To inflate, the hole for the pump is under the zipper. The cap is flush with the hole, so nothing will dig into the child or catch on anything.
- Legs are anti-slip
- Low center of gravity allows for added stability
- Promotes proper posture as a child is upright- not forward-leaning as in some bouncers
- The material might wear out quickly on the feet if used on hard outdoor surfaces
- Handles are the ears on the head. Despite them being at arm level, a child may not think to hold on to them since they don’t look like handles.
WALIKI Bouncy Horse Hopper “Mr. Jones”
(Ideal for Kids Aged 3-5)
The WALIKI bouncy horse is very lifelike for an inflatable horse. It has great details in the design and handles behind the ears for the child to grasp on to. It looks a little “chubby,” but it really adds to its charm.
This is another inflatable horse made of easy-to-clean material to eliminate friction. It has a double-action hand pump, so it inflates in under five minutes.
Children will learn balance and coordination from playing on this horse. It helps children to find their balance quickly and promotes better posture as the child is upright. Plus, if you are envious of all the fun your child is having, they make an adult-sized Hop Ball as well.
- Meets Federal Safety standards
- Develops fine motor skills
- Soft, plush fabric
- Customers found it was a little smaller than its competitors
- The complained saddle was a bit loose
- Some complained about flaws in the stitching
(For Kids Aged 2-5)
This horse bouncer comes in pink, blue, and red. It is made from durable, eco-friendly material (soft rubber and phthalate-free). It measures 23” from nose to tail. Seat height is 11”, and body height is 20” from ear to floor. It should fit most children.
The Premium Inflatable Horse Hopper is easy to use. As opposed to using a hand pump, this horse comes equipped with a foot pump. It doesn’t deflate easily, either.
- Exhaustively and independently tested by a third-party lab
- Certified non-toxic, BPA-safe, phthalates-safe, and lead-safe
- 100% Money-Back guarantee
- Foot pump inflates horse in two minutes
- The shape of horse in maintained for days- no continual inflating
- Aids in developing balance, stamina, coordination, and large motor skills
- Great for endless physical activity
- Holds up to 100 lbs.
- Extremely durable
- Only handles are the ears, which can be grasped on to, but aren’t as long as the other ones
- Material is thicker, so some users felt that it didn’t have enough bounce
Bouncy horses offer hours of endless fun for children. Parents love that it promotes hours of play while incorporating physical activity.
It can be exhausting keeping up with a toddler. Most children enjoy the bouncy horse as it allows their imagination to come to life. It is easy to inflate. This is one of the few toys that doesn’t take hours and complicated instructions to assemble.
It’s a win-win for everyone!
64 Positive Things to Say to Kids
Subscribe to the Bounceback Field Notes to Download your FREE printable of 64 Positive Things to Say to Kids