Simple Summer Joys – Journal Prompts for a Fun Summer
Summer rolls in shining with the possibility of relaxing, exploring and making memories with our kids.
10 Summer Joys
- Watch the kids play on the Slip and Slide
- Sit with a book in the shade
- Make lemonade
- Go camping
- Learn the names of a few plants we don’t know yet
- Take a hike and bring along a picnic
- Grow tomatoes
- Watch the kids learn to swim
- Skip stones
- Watch birds and draw them together
When you read that list you might remember what you loved best about summer as a kid. We seem to be facing ever more possibilities of ways to fill our summers with our kids, and if we’re not careful we’ll be so busy we’ll miss what we love best. Today let’s pause for a moment and set some intentions for what we plan to do, what we plan to let go of and what will make this a relaxing this summer.
Use the following summer journal prompts to think about what you love best in summer and what you want to enjoy with your kids.
Fun Summer Journal Prompts
- List: Make a list of 10 things you KNOW you can do this summer that would make you feel really good. What are the simple summer joys that bring you joy?
- The feeling that says summer: What is the feeling you want for your family for this summer? Describe the summer day that leaves you feeling best – what do you do? What do you think about? Who is with you? How do you feel?
- Planning TOO MUCH tends to lead to stress and then a feeling of guilt if we don’t get to it all. If you know you have a tendency to try and cram in too much, take a moment now to do a check in with yourself – what do you need to let go of? What do you think you want to do that might actually cause you to feel too busy?
- If you had to pick one word for your family for this summer, what would it be?
Want more help planning for your best summer yet? You’ll love the Camp Mom Summer Activities and Planning Pack.
64 Positive Things to Say to Kids
Subscribe to the Bounceback Field Notes to Download your FREE printable of 64 Positive Things to Say to Kids