Fall is a great time for making memories with your kids. You can feel the change in the air as season change. The falling leaves bring us a whole world of autumnal sensory experience. We also got all the lovely flavors of Fall – soups, apple cider, pumpkin pie!
What fun fall activities do you want to do with your kids this season?
Making a Fall Fun Activity Tree is a cute way to remember the fall activities you want to do. This post contains affiliate links to related products. As an affiliate I may earn on qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Suppliers You’ll Need:
- Cardboard for the background and the tree trunk
- Scissors for cutting out cardboard
- Construction paper for the leaves or pre-cut paper leaves
- Blu-tac or other poster hanging putty
- Markers or crayons
- Ideas for fun fall activities 😉
Steps for making your Activity Tree:
1. Color your background any way you like.
2. Draw a tree shape on one piece of cardboard and cut it out. This can be as simple as a Y shape with a couple extra arms sticking out. Glue your tree to the background.
3. Make a list of fall activities. Here are a few to get you started and I have a list of 10 fun backyard fall activities here.
- Harvest the garden
- Plant bulbs
- Pick pumpkins or apples
- Play in leaves
- Have a bon fire
- Do a fall craft
- Bake something
- Make apple sauce
- Have a picnic in the changing leaves.
- Make Jack-O-Lanterns
- Celebrate Thanksgiving
- Make hot cocoa or hot apple cider
- Read a book about the changing of the seasons
4. Cut out construction paper leaves. You can find a leaf template here if you like.
5. Write each activity on a leaf and stick the leaves to the tree with your blu-tac. You can also find some pictures of Fall activities here that you can use to cut out if you prefer.
Each time we do something we take off a leaf and stick it under the tree.
Some of the Fall activities we love include:
- Making acorn crafts – Here are acorn candle holders and Red Ted Art has acorn animals, plus many more fall craft ideas.
- Finding a leaf rainbow – perfect fall nature walk activity.
Would you rather use a pre-made tree for this activity? There are some really cute ones available for teacher bulliten boards here are a few you could use:
Happy Fall Fun to You!