Fall Fun Activity Tree
Fall is a great time for making memories with your kids. You can feel the change in the air as season change. The falling leaves bring us a whole world of autumnal sensory experience. We also got all the lovely flavors of Fall – soups, apple cider, pumpkin pie!
What fun fall activities do you want to do with your kids this season?
Making a Fall Fun Activity Tree is a cute way to remember the fall activities you want to do. This post contains affiliate links to related products. As an affiliate I may earn on qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Suppliers You’ll Need:
- Cardboard for the background and the tree trunk
- Scissors for cutting out cardboard
- Construction paper for the leaves or pre-cut paper leaves
- Blu-tac or other poster hanging putty
- Markers or crayons
- Ideas for fun fall activities 😉
Steps for making your Activity Tree:
1. Color your background any way you like.
2. Draw a tree shape on one piece of cardboard and cut it out. This can be as simple as a Y shape with a couple extra arms sticking out. Glue your tree to the background.
3. Make a list of fall activities. Here are a few to get you started and I have a list of 10 fun backyard fall activities here.
- Harvest the garden
- Plant bulbs
- Pick pumpkins or apples
- Play in leaves
- Have a bon fire
- Do a fall craft
- Bake something
- Make apple sauce
- Have a picnic in the changing leaves.
- Make Jack-O-Lanterns
- Celebrate Thanksgiving
- Make hot cocoa or hot apple cider
- Read a book about the changing of the seasons
4. Cut out construction paper leaves. You can find a leaf template here if you like.
5. Write each activity on a leaf and stick the leaves to the tree with your blu-tac. You can also find some pictures of Fall activities here that you can use to cut out if you prefer.
Each time we do something we take off a leaf and stick it under the tree.
Some of the Fall activities we love include:
- Making acorn crafts – Here are acorn candle holders and Red Ted Art has acorn animals, plus many more fall craft ideas.
- Finding a leaf rainbow – perfect fall nature walk activity.
Would you rather use a pre-made tree for this activity? There are some really cute ones available for teacher bulliten boards here are a few you could use:
Happy Fall Fun to You!
64 Positive Things to Say to Kids
Subscribe to the Bounceback Field Notes to Download your FREE printable of 64 Positive Things to Say to Kids